Thursday, November 27, 2008

God???

One of my older works........


I have a friend, whom I call God
All my deeds he does applaud
Nothing I do is right or wrong
Whether it be lies, or singing a song.

When I need help, it is to him that I go
For me, better than he, who does know?
It might sound strange, but what he says
Is always the answer that in my heart plays

Nirvana is obtained from praying day and night
If you sacrifice all you have, you will see the light
This is what people say, their Gods must be unkind
For my God says, go, wherever most joy you find.

More than you imagine is his love for you
But what he wants back, is not what you think true
Nothing does he require, neither homage nor prayer
All I want is joy, he says, not fear.

Worshipping idols is a waste of time
Don't visit your place of religion? It is no crime!
He would not care if you commit the greatest sin
If it does make you the happiest within

The reason you exist, the purpose of your birth
The only goal, that you have on this earth
Is to be joyful doing whatever you may
It will never be wrong, anytime, any day

Nobody but you does decide your fate
All the miracles, you do create
The tragedy that occurs, you do write
You are the one, who chose to see the light!

God does not give you beauty, nor brains
You gift the to yourself, alongwith your pains
You make it wrong, you make it true
For you see,
No one is your God, but YOU!
(sept. '06)

2 comments:

Pratik Kamani said...

amazin work. never thot " U " culd write so well.. :P

Var said...

uhhh...
thank you??
what does THAT mean though?? :-/