Monday, January 19, 2009

and i thought the bliss would last.....

The world is so screwed up. So am i. Listening to U2 today. It’s funny how he’s ALWAYS right. I don’t like it..... sometimes. Scares me about some things. Things that i don’t think i want to talk about here. You know how you get the feeling that you’re not really sure if you’re doing the right thing. Well, i had the feeling since a long time. Now i think i’m sure. Haha. I think i’m sure. I’m not. but i don’t think i should be doing what i’m doing. I’m very scared of saying it to anyone though. I try to convince myself that once i’ve completed my time here, i can do what i want. The problem is, i don’t know what i want to do. There’s so many things. That’s all i have to say on this topic though.
Moving on.
At times, i like being alone. I like that i’ve grown out of getting caught up in these pretentious circles where everyone hates each other, yet, pretends not to. I like that even though i might have very few people i can count on, they are the kinds i could trust with my eyes closed. But then, there are times, when i don’t. I see people pretending to like me, and pretending to be my friend, when they’re actually not. That raises my expectations from them, and gives me a small ray of hope. What if they actually are honest, what if they genuinely do care? It’s not their fault of course. They were probably never taught anything more. But i was. I know better. And sometimes, i wish i didn’t. Like i asked my friend 2 minutes ago, which is better- pretending to care about people and having 5 of those friends, or not pretending, and having just 1 true friend? He of course, agreed with the latter, as do i, ideally. But we don’t live in an ideal world do we? All around, i see temptation. Temptation to give up my righteousness and my so-called ‘principles’, and talk to a few people. It doesn’t matter that their thinking is nothing like mine, or that half the time i speak they think i’m talking gibberish,or that i don’t relate to them at all. At least i’m comfortable. At least i can shut my eyes and bury my head in the false sense of security they provide.
It’s hard.
Makes me wonder why i’m the only one like this. Am i weird?? Or am i the only sane one? I wonder how people can make friends that easily, how they can relate to so many people. Why can’t i? Maybe i am right. Maybe i am insane.
I have so much to learn, or discover, or figure out, or whatever you want to call it. I’m off.

9 comments:

Anhad said...

oi temptation to let go of your principles???
who are you kidding???
NEVER.
hang in there kiddo :) . .
btw...
life is simpler than this. so,
relax, god is in charge :)

Var said...

i know...
God is in charge.....
that's my only hope now :)

Anhad said...

i will delbr8ly take that comment as an insult.

Var said...

insult???
huh?? wha???
oh u silly silly boiii!!!
i meant, my only hope at finding some good NON-intellectually challenged friends......
:-p

Anhad said...

Righto . .
Non-intellectually challenged doesnt mean wt u think it does. think about it

Var said...

okok Mr. oh-i'm-always'right.......
non intellectually-challenged friends...
better??

Anhad said...

well technically better .yeah. still not perfect though. but i'll leave it at that. i assume you're good with grammer. I know thats a safe assumption. :) . .cheers!!

Var said...

GRAMMAR....
mr.
:)

Anhad said...

Gees man. give me a break