Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Livin in a christmas card....

It’s 2:30 am. It is snowing.
I felt snow today. Not physically though. I FELT it. Standing outside in the middle of the night, not a soul in sight, i was watching the snow falling, enraptured. i could hear nothing, except the silence. Yet, the snow was anything but, silent. It swirled all around me, whipping this way and that, although more joyful than chaotic. It made me feel like i was in a silent movie, and i stayed, half-expecting to hear an orchestra making a grandiose statement somewhere in the background.
It’s hard to find words to explain exactly how i felt. I did wonder, however, how my hallmates could be sitting inside, completely oblivious to the fact that they were practically living in a Christmas card!!
I’d been waiting for a long time, for someone, anyone, to reassure me, to tell me that everything would be alright. Today, the entire universe conspired, i believe, just to provide me with that very reassurance.
To quote one of the more popular Christmas songs –
“ And since we’ve no place to go,
Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow! “

Cheers!

No comments: